I finished setting everything up and suddenly my twitter stream was deluged with posts from my friendfeed account! Anyone who was following me must have been baffled as to what was going on. I tweeted the problem and stopped it after 30 or 40 tweets.
Here is what you need to do if you have friendfeed set up to autotweet and would like to use tweecious.
- go to your friendfeed account
- click on the settings link right next to your avatar
- click on "Twitter publishing preferences"
- You should be on a screen that says "Advanced Twitter Settings"
- Under "Post Entries From:" UNCHECK delicious
- Click "Save Changes"
CORRECTION: I thought this was how it worked, but when I rechecked the delicious box in friendfeed after a long delay my twitter stream was once again bombarded with posts I had already made - only the posts with links. So if you use tweecious, you can't in all good conscience check the delicious box in friendfeeds twitter prefs.
The take away: You'll need to tweet the bookmarks you tag with delicious manually.