I first tweeted @xeroxsupport, their response was " Yes if you have the finisher option installed." Then when I spoke with tech support, before I say the tweet, they told me that it couldn't be done with the finisher I had. This was after about a half hour on the phone trying to explain to the support person what I was trying to do. I really didn't think it was that complicated.
Finally I did some testing and spent that 10 minutes trying different options. It took me less time than I thought it would. It was a simple as
- putting the printed color copies in the paper feed bin
- putting 2 (because there were 2 2 sided sheets of color paper per newsletter) pieces of blank paper in the feed tray
- asking the Xerox to copy 2 sided to 2 sided
- take the paper from the bin I had put the color copies in
- staple it twice on the left side
- Tell it to make as many copies as you put into the paper fed bin
You are ready to except one thing. You need to determine which way the paper needs to face in order for it to come out correctly. For me (and probably for everyone else with the same model and finisher) the bottom right corner of the back of the page had to be put in to the paper feed bin as the top left corner.
If you have 2 two sided pages, 1/2 and 3/4, then the bottom right corner of page 2 should be the top left corner in the bin and on top of 3/4 in the same orientation (bottom right corner of page 4 should be top left corner of next page).
This may not be super simple, but if I could figure it out in less than 10 minutes why couldn't Xerox tell me how to do it????